The Pana First Church of the Nazarene was founded in 1924 by Rev. S. W. Gentry as part of the Church of the Nazarene. The work of the church began in Pana in a building known as The Sheep Shed. The Church of the Nazarene began to take on a prominent role in the spiritual life of the Pana community. The Church would later move to a basement building on Cedar Street. They moved into a large house the corner of Third and Spruce for more space. In 1972, the church began to grow after purchasing a building previously occupied by the Pana First United Methodist Church. The congregation moved to its current building at the corner of Sixth Street and Fairgrounds Road in 1999.